Saturday, August 23, 2014

Life...

Life is never easy. Don't let anyone tell you that.

No matter how perfect someone's life might seem, trust me it's not.

Yes there are some completely happy people out there in marriage but it is really wanting to make it work on a daily basis and being supportive of each other.

As most of you now know I am now separated from my husband of almost 7 years, 10 years together.

That is a long time.

A house. A pet. Holiday traditions. Vacations. Family ties and much more.

I say that I am disappointed at how things turned out and truly saddened would be an understatement.

Yes, I am going to be divorced and only 31.

Do I feel like a failure?
Yes.
Do I feel like life will go on?
Yes.

But every day there is hurt and heartache and feelings I can't even begin to describe on here.

As some of you have seen on Instagram I am indeed with someone new. I have been for several months now and it's pretty serious. 
We were friends and it evolved into something more.

Did I use this as an excuse to end my marriage?
No.

I know that some people might not "get it" and think I am an awful person to even consider spending my life with someone else when the papers haven't gone through yet and there is so much left to decide but let me tell you this.

When God has a plan for you, he truly makes it happen.
I have been through a lot the past almost 4 months and it has not been easy.

What I can tell you that has made it better is having someone that truly loves me for me and makes me happy, every single day.

Learning to accept a new relationship out of a broken marriage is NOT something I ever thought I would have to do.

When you say marriage vows they are supposed to last forever.

I don't know how to explain what happened in my marriage but I can say we had a 10 year relationship that just didn't end up on the same path.

I value all the years of fun and love we did share but at this point in my life I had to take a huge leap of faith and do what was best for me.

I have had several questions from people I haven't even spoken to in months wondering "what happened" and "how could I do this".

Well let me tell you something, it takes two people to make a marriage work, and sometimes things just don't work out.

This is probably the most honest post I've ever written and I intend to keep it that way on here.

I want to use this new blog as an outlet for me, which trust me is very much needed lately.

I do appreciate all the love and support over the past few months from friends and if I kept you in the dark then I am truly sorry but it was what I had to do at the time and needed my space as I figured things out.

Here's to a new beginning, an honest beginning and one finding MY best happily ever after.

-Lauren

3 comments:

  1. I did notice via Instagram and wondered. But figured, if you said, Yey, if not no big deal :) so happy you're working on your happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody will ever truly understand what happens in someone else's marriage! Every moment we spend in a relationship teaches us something. I'm sure you are moving on having learned a lot about what you need to be happy in life and in future relationships. Don't be too hard on yourself, it sounds like you're doing what is ultimately best for you both in this situation. And you can definitely see relief and happiness in your eyes and face :)

    ReplyDelete