Friday, November 14, 2014

Learning a new sport...becoming a "super" fan.

For those of you familiar with the Tampa Bay area, you know we LOVE our home team sports teams. 

I have been going to the USF Bulls football games religiously since I was in college (back in 2001) and also frequently get the opportunity to go see teams play like the Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Bucs, Tampa Bay Rays, Tampa Bay STORM, etc. Tampa sure is a busy place full of fun sporting events!

Recently, I started to being to go to more Lightning hockey games, my boyfriend is a HUGE what I call a "super fan" of theirs and I have loved learning more about the sport and supporting yet another Tampa Bay team!




I've been to four games so far this season all thanks to friends that have offered us tickets or special deals going on and have had a blast each time. We usually start out and "pre-game" (kinda like tailgating for football season) at Splitsville in Channelside about an hour before game start so we have plenty of time to take advantage of happy hour specials (the drinks and food inside the arena where the Lightning play is crazy expensive!!!!) and get pumped up for the game. 


I've also started building my "Bolts" wardrobe week by week and now am up to 4 t-shirts and a pullover (perfect for the chilly atmosphere in the game). Next up I'm thinking a jersey!




Decked out in our Lightning gear!

The game itself is full of awesome fans supporting a great hockey team and the energy is contagious.

I really have enjoyed getting to learn the sport and love running into our friends and family at the games, it's so fun especially since we live pretty close to where the arena is, makes for a fun night out during the week and "date night" per say. 




We also make sure to end the night with a trip to the Bud Light Party Deck where they have a DJ and serve $2 beers! The view is simply amazing of downtown Tampa, highly suggest checking it out next time you are at the arena. 




Do you support any local sports teams? What is your favorite game day tradition?

xo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment